Hello, my lovely readers! With the chill of winter still hanging in the air, I find myself craving something warm and comforting for lunch. But as you know, being a busy mom means I often have only a few minutes to whip up something delicious and satisfying between the kids’ activities and errands. So today, I’m going to share a quick and easy lunch recipe that’s perfect for those days when you’re short on time but still want a hearty meal – my scrumptious Loaded Baked Potato Soup!
This recipe came about one day when Emily had an early piano recital, and I needed to make a quick lunch before we headed out the door. As I rummaged through the fridge, I found some leftover baked potatoes from the night before, and inspiration struck. Emily loves creamy soups, so I thought, why not turn those potatoes into a cozy bowl of soup that we could both enjoy? And let me tell you, it was a hit! With each spoonful, Emily’s smile lit up the room, and I knew this recipe was a keeper.
The best part about this soup is that it’s incredibly versatile. You can add your favorite toppings like bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions, or even a dollop of sour cream. And if you’re feeling particularly adventurous on a cold March day, why not try sprinkling a dash of cinnamon on top for a subtle hint of warmth and sweetness? Trust me, it’s divine! So without further ado, here’s my 15-Minute Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe – perfect for those hectic days when time is of the essence!
15-Minute Loaded Baked Potato Soup
– 2 large leftover baked potatoes (or microwaved potatoes), cooled and cubed
– 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
– 1 cup milk or half-and-half
– 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Optional toppings: cooked bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, and a dash of cinnamon
1. In a large pot or saucepan, combine the cubed baked potatoes and broth over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
2. Once the potatoes are heated through, use a potato masher or immersion blender to roughly mash or blend the potatoes. You can make the soup as chunky or smooth as you’d like.
3. Add the milk or half-and-half to the pot along with the softened cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is fully melted and incorporated.
4. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir well and adjust seasonings as desired.
5. Serve your delicious Loaded Baked Potato Soup in bowls and garnish with your favorite toppings. Don’t forget that dash of cinnamon if you’re feeling adventurous!
And there you have it – a warm and scrumptious lunch that’s ready in just 15 minutes! This soup never fails to bring smiles to my family’s faces, and I hope it does the same for yours. Until next time, happy cooking!