Hello, dear readers! Today, I want to share with you a quick and easy lunch recipe that I whipped up for myself in just 15 minutes. With the kids at school and my husband at work, sometimes it can be a challenge to find the time and energy to make a meal just for me. But, as any busy mom knows, it’s essential to take care of ourselves in order to be there for our families.
As I was rummaging through the fridge, I came across a ripe avocado and some fresh bread. It reminded me of a heartwarming memory of little Emily practicing her piano while I prepared avocado toast in the kitchen. It’s hard to believe how fast they grow up! It seems like just yesterday she was playing “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star,” and now she’s moving on to Beethoven.
So, without further ado, let’s get into the recipe! This delicious avocado toast with a twist is sure to please your taste buds and keep you fueled for the rest of the day.
Lisa’s Avocado Toast with a Twist:
– 2 slices of your favorite bread (I used whole grain)
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1/2 teaspoon sugar
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– A handful of cherry tomatoes
– A few fresh basil leaves
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
– Optional: crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese
1. Start by toasting your bread until golden and crispy.
2. While the bread is toasting, slice your avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl.
3. Add the sugar, salt, and pepper to the avocado. Using a fork, mash the avocado mixture until smooth and creamy.
4. In another small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
5. Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters, depending on their size.
6. Once your bread is toasted, spread the avocado mixture generously onto each slice.
7. Top your avocado toast with the sliced cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. If you’re feeling fancy, sprinkle some crumbled feta or goat cheese on top!
8. Drizzle your olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture over the top of your assembled toasts.
9. Enjoy your scrumptious avocado toast with a twist!
I hope you enjoy this simple yet delightful lunch as much as I did! Don’t forget to take some time for yourself amidst the hustle and bustle of life – after all, we moms deserve it too! Wishing you a lovely March day filled with love and happiness.