Hello, my lovely readers! Spring is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to share a delightful breakfast recipe with you all. You know, there’s something truly magical about a warm, homemade breakfast enjoyed with the family on a crisp March morning. This past weekend, my little rascal Nick surprised me by waking up extra early to help prepare breakfast. He insisted on using coconut, one of his favorite ingredients, as he adores the tropical flavor it adds to any dish.
So, with his adorable enthusiasm and love for coconuts, I decided to create a special recipe that would not only satisfy his sweet tooth but also provide a nutritious start to our day: Coconut Banana Pancakes! These pancakes are a delightful twist on the classic breakfast favorite, incorporating the natural sweetness of ripe bananas and the tropical touch of shredded coconut. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make, which is always a bonus in our bustling household.
As Nick and I mixed the ingredients together, I couldn’t help but feel my heart swell with pride. Watching my youngest take an interest in cooking reminded me of how special these moments are – moments that I know will become cherished memories for both of us. So, without further ado, here’s our delicious Coconut Banana Pancake recipe that brought warmth and happiness into our kitchen:
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 ripe banana, mashed
– 1 large egg
– 1 cup milk
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
3. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while gently stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are totally fine!
4. Fold in the shredded coconut.
5. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with butter or cooking spray.
6. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the heated surface for each pancake.
7. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges appear golden brown (about 2-3 minutes), then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side.
8. Serve warm with butter, maple syrup, and a sprinkle of extra shredded coconut if desired.
I hope you and your family enjoy these scrumptious Coconut Banana Pancakes as much as we did! Remember to cherish those special moments in the kitchen with your loved ones – they truly do make life sweeter.
Until next time, happy cooking!