Hello, my lovely readers! As the days are getting longer and the air is starting to warm up, I can’t help but get excited for the upcoming spring season. With March in full swing, I thought it would be the perfect time to share with you one of our family’s favorite easy dinner recipes that’s both light and full of flavor. This recipe is extra special to me because it brings back memories of my daughter Emily’s first piano recital.
I remember it like it was yesterday – Emily, then only eight years old, was both excited and nervous for her big day. To help calm her nerves, we spent the afternoon together in the kitchen, preparing a delicious meal that we could all enjoy as a family. We decided on a Ginger Tomato Chicken recipe that’s simple, quick, and absolutely delightful! The warmth and sweetness of the ginger, combined with the tanginess of the tomatoes, create a symphony of flavors that will have your taste buds dancing.
Before I share this amazing recipe with you, here are a few tips to make sure your dish turns out perfectly:
1. Use fresh ginger for the best flavor. If you don’t have fresh ginger on hand, you can substitute it with ½ teaspoon of ground ginger.
2. Don’t overcook the chicken, as it can become tough and dry. Keep an eye on it and use a meat thermometer if you’re unsure.
3. Feel free to add more vegetables to the dish if you’d like. Bell peppers, zucchini, or mushrooms would all be great additions.
Now, without further ado, here’s the recipe for our scrumptious Ginger Tomato Chicken!
– 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
– 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 tsp paprika
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for another minute, until fragrant.
3. Add the chicken pieces to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Stir in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and paprika. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve the Ginger Tomato Chicken over rice or pasta, and garnish with fresh parsley.
This Ginger Tomato Chicken recipe is not only easy to make but is also a meal that brings our family together. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we do and create lasting memories of your own around the dinner table. Happy cooking!