Welcome to my blog! Today I’m going to share a delicious and easy dinner recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights. This one-pot dish is packed with flavor and can be on the table in no time.
This dish starts with a base of sautéed onions, garlic, and bell peppers. Then I add in some diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and spices like oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Then I add in some diced chicken and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Finally, I add in some cooked quinoa and black beans for extra protein and texture.
Here’s the recipe:
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 red bell pepper, diced
-1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
-1 cup chicken broth
-1 teaspoon oregano
-1 teaspoon cumin
-1 teaspoon chili powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
-1 cup cooked quinoa
-1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
-1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the diced chicken and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add the cooked quinoa and black beans and stir to combine. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve warm. Enjoy!