Welcome to my blog! Today I’m going to share a recipe for my kids’ favorite baked treat: Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies are always a hit with my kids – they love the sweet and salty combination of peanut butter and chocolate chips. Plus, they’re so easy to make that the kids can help me with every step.
When making peanut butter cookies, it’s important to use good quality peanut butter. I prefer to use natural peanut butter because it has a more intense flavor. Also, be sure to use semi-sweet chocolate chips. This will give the cookies a nice balance of sweetness and richness.
Here’s the recipe:
-2 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-2 large eggs
-1 cup creamy peanut butter
-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter until well combined.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!