My kids love it when I make a special treat for them, and this Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is one of their favorites. Every time I bake it, I’m reminded of the time my daughter Emily came home from a ski trip with an extra sparkle in her eye. She told me all about the wonderful time she had skiing, and how she had tried out some new tricks. I was so proud of her for pushing herself to try something new and coming back with a big smile on her face.
This Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a great treat for special occasions like Emily’s ski trip or for baking with the kids on the weekend. It’s made with cream cheese, which gives it an extra creamy texture and a hint of sweetness. The cake has a crunchy top, which is the perfect contrast to the soft and moist cake inside.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1 cup white sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup sour cream
– 8 oz cream cheese, softened
– 2 tablespoons white sugar
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls over top of batter in pan. Swirl with a knife.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!