My son Nick loves cheese like no other! He’s a huge fan of mac and cheese, but his favorite is definitely this cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole.
It’s a super simple recipe that my family loves. It’s one of those “set it and forget it” dinners that require minimal work and time. Plus, it’s full of delicious cheese.
This casserole is a great meal for the whole family. Nick loves it because it’s cheesy, while I love that it can be prepped quickly and still be healthy.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
– 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
– 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
– 1/4 cup butter, melted
– 1 tablespoon flour
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, broccoli, butter, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
3. Pour the chicken and broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This casserole is a great way to use up leftovers. You can also swap out the chicken for any other type of protein or leave it out entirely for a vegetarian version. Serve with a side salad or some crusty bread for a delicious dinner your family will love!