This morning, my daughter Emily and I decided to try out a new recipe for breakfast. We had some tomatoes in the refrigerator that we wanted to use up, so we decided to make a frittata. Emily loves helping me in the kitchen, so she was eager to get started.
We chopped up tomatoes and added them to a bowl with some garlic, parsley, and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Then we whisked up some eggs and poured them over the tomatoes. We added a bit of butter to a skillet and poured in the egg-tomato mixture. I cooked it on medium heat until the eggs were barely set and the bottom was golden.
Then, we put the skillet under the broiler for about two minutes until it was lightly browned. After that, we served slices of the frittata with a side of toast and some fresh fruit. It was a delicious and simple breakfast that Emily and I both enjoyed!
Here’s our recipe for Tomato Frittata:
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tomatoes, diced
– 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
– 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
– 6 eggs
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to broil setting.
2. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
4. Heat butter in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
5. Add in tomato mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Pour in egg mixture and turn heat down to low. Cook for about 8 minutes.
7. Place skillet in preheated oven and broil for 2 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Serve slices of frittata with a side of toast and fresh fruit. Enjoy!