Easy Weeknight Dinner: Creamy Mushroom Pasta
As a busy mom of three, I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy dinner recipes that my whole family will love. One of our go-to meals is this creamy mushroom pasta dish that is both satisfying and delicious.
I remember the first time I made this recipe, my daughter Emily was feeling under the weather and just wanted to stay in bed all day. As a piano player, she was supposed to have a recital that night, but she was too sick to perform. I wanted to cheer her up, so I decided to make her favorite pasta dish.
This recipe is simple and easy to make, but it tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen. The creamy mushroom sauce is rich and flavorful, and the buttery pasta pairs perfectly with it. It’s a comforting meal that’s perfect for those chilly winter nights.
Here are a few tips for making this dish:
– Use fresh mushrooms for the best flavor. I like to use a mix of cremini and shiitake mushrooms for a more complex flavor profile.
– Don’t skimp on the garlic! It adds a great depth of flavor to the dish.
– Be sure to use heavy cream for the sauce. It’s what gives it that rich and creamy texture.
Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe:
– 1 pound of pasta (I like to use fettuccine or linguine)
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 1/2 cup of diced onion
– 3 cloves of minced garlic
– 1 pound of sliced mushrooms
– 1 cup of heavy cream
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pan and sauté until softened.
4. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook until they release their juices and become tender.
5. Pour in the heavy cream and stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
6. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
This creamy mushroom pasta is a family favorite in our house, and I hope it becomes one in yours too! It’s easy, comforting, and perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.