Hello, dear readers! With March upon us, I can’t help but be reminded of the beautiful spring mornings that are just around the corner. To celebrate the changing of the seasons, I wanted to share a delightful breakfast recipe that has become a family favorite in our household.
One Sunday morning, my talented pianist, Emily, came up with a fantastic idea to host a family brunch. She wanted to showcase her latest piano piece for us, and what better way to do it than over a hearty breakfast? My heart swelled with pride at her creativity and enthusiasm. In preparation for our special brunch, we decided to whip up a batch of our now-famous Lemon-Blueberry Millet Pancakes. These pancakes are not only fluffy and delicious, but they’re also a healthier alternative to traditional pancakes! Millet adds a nutty flavor and extra nutrients to the batter.
Before diving into the recipe, here are a few tips for making these scrumptious pancakes. First, be sure to use fresh blueberries; they make all the difference in taste. Second, don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings – we love serving these pancakes with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup. Lastly, enjoy the process of cooking together as a family; it’s those special moments that make these pancakes taste even better!
Now, without further ado, here’s our Lemon-Blueberry Millet Pancake recipe:
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup millet flour
– 2 tbsp granulated sugar
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 cup milk (any kind will do)
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter (plus more for the pan)
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, millet flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, melted butter, and lemon zest. Mix well.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter; it’s okay if there are a few lumps.
4. Gently fold the fresh blueberries into the batter.
5. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with butter.
6. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top and the edges appear set (approximately 2-3 minutes). Flip the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
7. Serve the pancakes warm with your choice of toppings! We recommend Greek yogurt and maple syrup.
As we sat down to enjoy our Lemon-Blueberry Millet Pancakes, we were serenaded by Emily’s beautiful piano playing. It was truly a magical morning filled with love, laughter, and delicious food. I hope that this recipe brings warmth and happiness to your home and creates lasting memories with your own family.
Until next time, happy cooking!