Hello, my lovely readers! Today, I want to share a quick and easy lunch recipe that I whipped up for myself last week. It was one of those busy days where Emily had a piano recital after school, and I had just 15 minutes to spare between picking her up and getting her to the event. As you know, March can be quite hectic with all the activities our little ones have going on.
I rummaged through my fridge and found some leftover beef from last night’s dinner, a bottle of Worcestershire sauce, and a jar of cloves. With these ingredients, I knew I could create something delicious, satisfying, and most importantly – quick! And that’s how my Beef and Worcestershire Sauce Wrap was born. It turned out to be such a hit with Emily that she asked me to make it again for her lunch the next day!
So, let me share this delightful recipe with you. It’s perfect for those busy days when you need a scrumptious meal in no time. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftovers, making it both practical and tasty.
Beef and Worcestershire Sauce Wrap
– 1 cup leftover cooked beef, thinly sliced
– 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 tsp ground cloves
– 2 large flour tortillas
– 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
– 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
– 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small skillet over medium heat, add the thinly sliced beef, Worcestershire sauce, and ground cloves. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the beef is warmed through and has absorbed the flavors of the sauce and spices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. While the beef is cooking, warm the flour tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until they are soft and pliable.
3. Lay out the warmed tortillas on a clean surface. Divide the shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese evenly between the two tortillas.
4. Spoon the beef mixture onto the center of each tortilla, distributing it evenly.
5. Fold in the sides of each tortilla, then roll it up tightly from the bottom to create a wrap.
6. Slice each wrap in half and serve immediately.
And there you have it – a delicious and easy lunch recipe that can be made in just 15 minutes! The combination of tender beef with the tangy Worcestershire sauce and a hint of cloves creates a flavorful and satisfying meal. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as Emily and I did. It’s perfect for those busy days when you need a quick and tasty meal.
Until next time, happy cooking!