Welcome to my blog! Today I’m going to share a recipe for Lisa’s Famous Spicy Chicken Curry. This curry is so flavorful and packed with spices. My family loves it and it’s a regular in our dinner rotation.
This curry is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. I like to start by sautéing onions, garlic, and ginger in a large pot. Then I add in the spices like curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Finally, I add in the cooked chicken, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk.
After simmering the curry for 30 minutes, it’s ready to be served. I like to serve it with basmati rice and a side of naan bread. It’s a delicious meal that the whole family will love!
Here’s the recipe:
-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 large onion, diced
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
-2 teaspoons curry powder
-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-1 teaspoon ground turmeric
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-2 cups cooked chicken, diced
-1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
-1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Basmati rice, for serving
-Naan bread, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
3. Add the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Add the chicken, tomatoes, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread. Enjoy!