My son Jake and I love to get creative in the kitchen during the summer months. One of our favorite recipes to make together is a savory breakfast tart. It’s a delicious combination of eggs, cheese, and vegetables all baked together in a flaky pastry crust. The secret ingredient is a drizzle of olive oil – it adds a subtle nuttiness that really brings the tart alive!
Here’s how we make it:
-1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-1 cup of grated cheese (we like cheddar or Swiss)
-3 eggs, lightly beaten
-1/2 cup of cooked vegetables (we like to use zucchini, spinach, or peppers)
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lay puff pastry sheet on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut off any excess pastry around the edges.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the pastry sheet and spread evenly with a pastry brush. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
4. Place vegetables on top of cheese and spread evenly. Pour beaten eggs over vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and eggs are cooked through. Serve warm.
This tart is the perfect summer breakfast recipe – it’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious! Plus, it’s a great way to get creative in the kitchen with my son Jake. We love experimenting with different cheeses, vegetables, and seasonings to create something truly unique.