This week, I wanted to make a quick, delicious lunch in 15 minutes using only ingredients I had on hand. So, I decided to make a garlicky grilled cheese sandwich!
I started by grating some extra-sharp cheddar cheese, which I had in the fridge. I then spread some butter on both sides of two slices of bread and sprinkled garlic powder on the inside of both slices. I added the grated cheese to one slice and covered it with the other slice.
Next, I heated up a skillet over medium heat and placed the sandwich inside. I cooked it for about 5 minutes on each side, flipping it every few minutes, until it was golden brown and the cheese had melted.
Once it was done, I cut it in half and served it with a side of tomato soup. In just 15 minutes, I had a delicious, comforting lunch that was perfect for a busy day!
– 2 slices of bread
– 1/2 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle garlic powder on the inside of both slices.
2. Place grated cheese on one slice of bread and top with the other slice.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat and place the sandwich inside. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, flipping every few minutes, until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
4. Cut the sandwich in half and serve with a side of tomato soup. Enjoy!