As a busy mom, I’m always looking for quick and easy dinner recipes that my family will love. And when it comes to weeknight dinners, nothing beats a good one-pan meal that’s both delicious and easy to clean up. That’s why I’m excited to share with you one of my go-to recipes: sheet pan chicken fajitas.
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Plus, it’s a crowd-pleaser that everyone in the family will love. My son Jake is a big fan of Mexican flavors, so this recipe is always a hit with him.
To give these fajitas a little extra kick, I like to add a touch of cinnamon to the seasoning mix. It may sound unusual, but trust me, it adds a delicious warmth and depth of flavor that really elevates the dish.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
– 1 red bell pepper, sliced
– 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
– 1 onion, sliced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Flour tortillas, for serving
– Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the sliced chicken, bell peppers, and onion with the olive oil and seasoning mix.
4. Spread the mixture out evenly on a large sheet pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
6. Serve with warm flour tortillas and your choice of toppings.
This sheet pan chicken fajita recipe is one of my favorites because it’s so easy to customize. You can easily swap out the chicken for steak or shrimp if you prefer. And if you’re not a fan of cinnamon, you can leave it out and still have a delicious meal.
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! It’s become a staple in our house and I’m sure it will be in yours too.